Downtown Jackson Alleyway
The Jackson project used input from residents and business owners at multiple community meetings to develop concepts for the four-block downtown alleyway running from the farmers’ market to the transit center. Improving the alley to provide an attractive pedestrian connection will support business and development opportunities along it, as well as building on the recent streetscaping efforts to continue making all of downtown Jackson an attractive destination.
The alley plan provides design elements that link together destinations along the alley, drawing on Jackson’s artistic community, industrial heritage, and the river to create a unique look. The plan identifies locations where adjacent business owners could leverage the alley for additional customer access, outdoor restaurant seating, or rooftop patio overlooks. Additionally, the plan provides a range of recommendations for building on the area’s existing cultural, entrepreneurial, and natural assets to strengthen downtown as a whole.
Jonathan Greene, Executive Director, Jackson Downtown Development Authority, 517-788-4035
- Downtown Jackson alley could get facelift as early as next year – Mlive.com
- “Downtown Jackson Alleyway” project unveiled – WLNS TV 6 Lansing
- Meeting to gather public input on proposed upgrade to downtown Jackson scheduled for Dec. 19 – MLive.com
- Jackson receives grant to update downtown alleyway, hopes for resident input on project – MLive.com
- Jackson selected to receive planning assistance – Mlive.com
- Jackson selected to receive planning assistance – WLNS TV 6 Lansing